Explore and manipulate your mobile device with Windows PowerShell. Supports PocketPC and SmartPhone devices; WM2002, 2003, 2003SE, 5, 6 and 6.1
- Get-WMDevice Cmdlet
- Offers direct access to many features of the device, including the registry hives.
- rmdir/rd mkdir/md now works as expected
- ActiveSync 4.2 or higher (or Windows Mobile Device Center 6.0+ on Vista) download
- A Windows Mobile device (PocketPC/SmartPhone 2002, 2003, 2003SE, Windows Mobile 5, 6 or 6.1)
- Windows PowerShell 1.0 or 2.0 (CTP) download
Status May 13th, 2008
I finally got around to cleaning up the code and building a release. Features:
- Easy WiX built MSI installer
- Full provider supporting copy/move/dir etc. (including Storage Card)
- Just run "Add-PSSnapIn PSMobile" and switch to the "Mobile:" drive which is auto-mounted
- Copy files to/from device with ConvertTo-WMFile and ConvertFrom-WMFile respectively
- Ability to invoke-item against remote files (sometimes remote files can be invoked locally with -Local switch)
"Invokability" (visible via format-list) is determined via registry checks on local desktop AND remote device registry. Two additional atttributes are available for file modes: "i" and "m" for InRom and RomModule respectively. Attributes can be manipulated just like regular FileInfos, where permitted. All Cmdlets and definitions (common parameters omitted for brevity, erroraction etc):
Name : ConvertFrom-WMFile
Definition : ConvertFrom-WMFile [-Path] <String> [-Destination] <String> [-Force] [-Verbose] ... [-WhatIf] [-Confirm]
ConvertFrom-WMFile [-LiteralPath] <String> [-Destination] <String> [-Force] [-Verbose] ... [-WhatIf] [-Confirm]
Name : ConvertTo-WMFile
Definition : ConvertTo-WMFile [-Path] <String> [-Destination] <String> [-Force] [-Verbose] ... [-WhatIf] [-Confirm]
ConvertTo-WMFile [-LiteralPath] <String> [-Destination] <String> [-Force] [-Verbose] ... [-WhatIf] [-Confirm]
Name : Get-WMDeviceInfo
Definition : Get-WMDeviceInfo [-Force] [-Verbose] ...
Name : Get-WMMemoryInfo
Definition : Get-WMMemoryInfo [-Force] [-Verbose] ...
Name : Get-WMStoreInfo
Definition : Get-WMStoreInfo [-Force] [-Verbose] ...
Name : Start-WMActiveSync
Definition : Start-WMActiveSync [-Force] [-Verbose] ...
Name : Start-WMProcess
Definition : Start-WMProcess [-LiteralPath] <String> [[-Arguments] <String>] [-Force] [-Verbose] ...
Name : Stop-WMActiveSync
Definition : Stop-WMActiveSync [-Force] [-Verbose] ...
Sorry no help as yet, it's coming.
Status Oct 14th, 2007
Development work is on hold until further notice; starting a big push with Pscx 1.2
Status Sept 3rd, 2007.
3rd rewrite in progress. Weee. Isn't learning a new technology fun. RAPI is a harsh mistress. Ouch.
Support is planned for:
- Windows Mobile 2003 SE
- Windows Mobile 5
- Windows Mobile 6
- copy/move/delete within the mobile filesystem between storage card and internal memory
- browsing of device registry